CAVEMASTER DEMO PARTY
a boat carved from a log
A dugout isn’t that hard to make once you know how, but you have to find a big enough tree and it has to be where you can get it to the water.
- First, you chop down a tree.
- Next, you split it in half using wooden wedges. Pour water on them so they expand.
- Cut a groove down the middle. Pour a little grease in it. Set it on fire.
- Keep the ends of the log from burning by keeping them wet.
- Keep the fire under control by chopping at it when it gets too big.
- Put the fire out when enough has burned away.
- Chop the charred wood away.
- Turn the log over. Burn underneath the front and back end so the front and back are like little shelves.